title

Between curious glances of squirrels and the playful antics of chipmunk, I sculpt, shape and handpaint clay. My pottery and ceramic art is all one of a kind. When I have pieces available I put them in my Etsy Store >

Friday, May 31, 2013

PUBLISHED IN PRIMS & OFF TO SANTA FE

Happy Summer everyone.  I got featured in the spring issue of PRIMS!
Wonderful four page spread, and the nice folks printed my full article which is satisfying. 
 
Below is a Rosy Maple Moth, which landed on our freshly painted house (it was dry paint :) First time I have spotted one!  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dryocampa_rubicunda
 
I am off to Santa Fe and Abiquiu on Sunday.  I am starting to feel excited...
Especially interested in seeing Abiquiu made famous by artist Georgia O'Keeffe's long residence on the land. I will be taking pics and post on my return with my thoughts.  I did visit Taos many moons ago and it still lingers as a good memory in my mind.
See google pics! of Abiquiu
 

xx Till then - Lorraine xx
 
 










7 comments:

Melody said...

Congrats on your article! I LOVE all the Stampington magazines!! Have fun on your trip! :)))

Lorraine Young Pottery said...

Yes the quality is always really high in them. Thanks I will!!

Pixie said...

Congratulations on the publication lorraine,, well deserved...xx

Lorraine Young Pottery said...

:) THANKS PIXIE!

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Oh congratulations......cannot even imagine how proud you must feel!
Kari

Carole said...

Hearty congratulations to you, Lorraine! That's wonderful news. Stunning photos of your work in the magazine.

Chris said...

Congratulations Lorraine. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/