title

Between curious glances of squirrels and the playful antics of chipmunk, I sculpt, shape and handpaint clay. My pottery and ceramic art is all one of a kind. When I have pieces available I put them in my Etsy Store >

Saturday, July 28, 2012

PART TWO - Cornwall England

These photos were taken in the quaint and adorable village of Mousehole in Cornwall, UK. 
This is the first time I had been to Mousehole, which is now my dream seaside place to live!  Note the Raku animal sculptures in someone's window with the Apple computer! 








Glendurgan Village beach below.  My mother and I took out the watercolors.  A English Robin watches curiously.  An ancient tree stands in the Glendurgan gardens just above the cove.





Barbara Hepworth Sculpture Gardens - St. Ives Cornwall
You enter what looks like a small row house right in the heart of St. Ives.  In the first room you read about the artist.  The second floor is filled with smaller sculptures and then you move outside to the sculpture gardens which are totally hidden from street view.  What a gem.





Last but certainly not the least, Widecombe-in-the-Moor lies in the Widecombe Valley in beautiful Dartmoor in Devon, England.  Wild horses!  clearly used to people.  The peace I felt here...





I hope your summer is going well!
xxx Lorraine xxx

10 comments:

Loretta said...

Hi Lorraine, The photos are lovely...such a beautiful place to visit and live! It reminds me of scenes I've seen in the movies and I love them...Thanks for sharing! Wishing you a lovely weekend!
Hugs

Melody said...

Awesome photos! (though I'd love the little town of Mousehole, based purely on its name! :))))
What beautiful scenery with the ponies! *sigh..... England. :)))

Barbara said...

Glad you had a great time in Devon & Cornwall.

Amanda said...

These photos are all so wonderful! Especially the little colt jumping around.

MulticoloredPieces said...

I can't believe there's a village named Mousehole! Great photos.
best, nadia

Maria Glazacheva said...

Oh quelled Jolie fotos !!! :0) et quelle Jolie peysages j'adore !!! Et les petite statue de chat et de lapin ils ont trop mignonnes !! Les rue Sony tres tres Jolie !!! :0)
Et aussi j'adore la photo avec le poulain est vraiment super vous avait de la chance de la prendre !!!:0)

Bonnie semaine!!
xxx Maria xxx

Catharina Maria said...

Lorraine , thanks for the beautiful photos from a lovely place , I will live there too
Love ♥RINI♥

Jenny Woolf said...

Those animal sculptures are particularly lovely.

Lorraine Young Pottery said...

I agree Jenny, no doubt a local artist, lovely lines and tones. I think they are Raku fired.

Lorraine

Barbara said...

I like the cat in the window. Many fun windows in sea side towns here and also in some villages.